Blinking Pink Hello Kitty



Be Nothing But Happy

Life is funny. Sometimes it is simple, sometimes it is tough. But never is it boring. This is especially true lately, where I have been incessantly reminded that life is without any certainty other than change. In the past two years it feels as though I have gone through more than I have in the preceding twenty-one. Many changes and events that I endured were anything but easy, though ultimately they have brought me here. And I couldn’t be happier.

On the other side of the negativity and self-doubt that I had grown so accustomed to in more recent years, I found that there truly is freedom. There is freedom in releasing yourself from those who do not inspire you. There is freedom in forgiving those who have wronged you. And there is freedom in embracing yourself – flaws and all. I have learned the value and meaning of perspective. You can let an experience break you or build you, define you or develop you. The key, as I have learned, is to keep moving forward. If you live in the past you will go nowhere.




Now? Life is still life – changing on the daily. I still experience days that test my patience and challenge my outlook. But at the end of the day, I know I am okay. I am young, alive, and healthy. That in its own is the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. Not every day can be glamorous; therefore it is important to find the beauty in the ordinary, because there is always a reason to smile.

Be nothing but happy.

No comments: