Blinking Pink Hello Kitty



Not Fine ?? That's Fine !!


It's okay to have bad day; just like it's okay to not be okay. As humans we tend to feel as if we have to always be "fine". We get asked pretty frequently, " how are you?" and "how are you feeling today?" What if one day we just answered honestly? What if one day we didn't just say "fine"?

I’m in a better place in my life, but I’ve had years of not being okay while answering “fine” every time someone asked me how I was doing. We all have days when we don’t want to answer that we are “fine” or “okay.” What we really want to say is: “I feel like crap” or “I’m hurting.”

We’re living in a time where we’re seeing more crimes of hate that come about because of hurt-- hurt that wasn’t addressed so it turned into something bigger than that person could have imagined. I’m writing this just to say it’s okay not to be okay and sometimes you should tell people that.



Most of the time we answer with what we think others want to hear, afraid that we’ll get a reaction we don’t want. Of course that is always a possibility, but the majority of the time what I’ve learned is that people actually do care about how you’re doing. It can seem like an overused phrase or question, and many times we take it for granted, but as human beings we should be more open to what our co-workers, friends, and family members are feeling.

Next time you ask someone how they’re doing, really ask. It can mean the world to that person. It can save a life. Don’t just be that girl or that boy, be THAT person who makes a difference in someone’s day. That one day can change someone’s outlook on their entire life.

No comments: