Blinking Pink Hello Kitty



Hello Moment



Hello Moment, it’s me.

That’s where I’m at right now, introductions, the beginning of something new, something exciting, something revolutionary. And Moment, that something is you.



“Moment, you have eluded me. For a long time I could never fully grasp you. I could never fully enjoy you. It was a difficult task just getting out of bed when you woke me in your morning.”


It’s never been easy to envelop myself in your colours, your tastes, or your smells. It has never been easy to settle into you without wishing for the future, or the past, or a different moment that could have been.

I’m learning to live within you, to let go of the other moments that have come and gone, and just be here with you, as strange and as terrifying as that is. You are beautiful, and I never noticed how striking your beauty was before.

I recently was given a sign that said, “Today you are exactly where you need to be, tomorrow is up to you.” And I thought of you. I thought this is what I need, a reminder that nothing matters except this moment. Yesterday is done with. Tomorrow will come when it comes. You, Moment, are here now. And that is a wonderful thing.

I don’t know where I will be in a year or two, or five. Yes of course I have plans. Yes of course I have dreams. And with you, I will work toward them. I will make choices when you bring them to my feet, but I am done jumping the gun. I am done living in the could have beens, the should have beens, the what ifs, or the moments that will never come. It’s exhausting and not as much fun as when I am with you.

Moment, you and I have had a tumultuous relationship for a long time, and I think we’ve taken a turn. I think I’ve come to understand you better, and I’ve fallen in love with you so suddenly, so gently that it took my breath away, like all good moments do.

The truth is, time is all we have. It’s all we get. It’s all we have to give. And I don’t want to waste the time I have. Moment, I’m so excited to meet you, every second of every day. You are always changing me, always challenging me, and I’m sorry that I didn’t notice all you’ve done for me before. I’m paying close attention now.

No comments: